Unlike the FUE technique, the collection of hair follicles from the donor area in the DHI Hair transplant technique can be described as a method in which two stages take place at once, in the form of implanting with the implanter without opening grooves.
The Implanter / Choi needle has a very thin, cylindrical and sharp tip.
This cylindrical tip Choi needle is in the form of a channel and the hair can be inserted into the needle by driving along this channel.
The reason why the DHI technique is also called the Choi method is due to the nature of this needle.
Application of the DHI method is done as follows:
- Hair follicles collected in a hair transplantation procedure performed with a Choi implanter pen are placed into the pen one by one.
- This placement should be done very diligently and carefully. After the assistants who perform the placement process place each hair follicle, they give these hair follicles to the specialist doctor for transplantation.
- At this point, the doctor transplants the hair follicles at the most appropriate angle of 40-45 degrees. Apart from this angle, another important point is the right direction and this is done in accordance with the direction of the former hair of the person who is having the transplantation.
- The hair follicles placed in the Choi needle are determined with the correct angle and direction and the follicles in the needle are transplanted by pushing them into place.
- 2 to 6 Choi pens and an average of 15-16 choi tips are used in the procedure. The nibs of these pens can have different sizes. The factor that determines this is the hair follicle and thickness of the hair of the person.
Naturally, the Choi hair transplant method has several advantages and disadvantages compared to the FUE method.
Advantages of DHI
- DHI minimizes the length of time hair follicles stay outside tissue and ensures a healthier transplantation.
- The survival rate of hair follicles is higher.
- Since the incision area will be less, it minimizes the risk of bleeding as much as possible.
- Faster recovery can be seen after the hair transplantation operation, so the patient can easily return to his daily routine in a short time.
- Unshaven hair transplantation can be done more easily with this method.
Disadvantages of DHI
- In order to use this technique well and specialize, both the doctor and the team must go through a very long training process.
- It can be mentioned that it is generally a more costly method compared to other hair transplantation methods.
- The person who will do the transplantation should be careful and in top notch condition.
- Processing time is approximately 50% longer than for other methods.
The “DHI Hair Transplant Technique” method in which successful and aesthetically satisfying results are obtained in the Premium Esthetic Clinic is successfully applied to patients who are suitable for the method.