With the advancement in technology, new developments incur every day in hair transplant techniques and hair loss treatments. Hair transplant operations, which have made great progress and turned into a procedure performed with minimally invasive methods, have taken their current form in parallel with the development of the tools used.
The natural results obtained with the FUE method, which is one of the most modern hair transplantation techniques widely applied today, has taken this success one step further by using special tools with sapphire tips in the transplantation process.
The difference between Sapphire FUE and Classic FUE for opening micro channels:
FUE, which is performed with tips produced from real sapphire, a very valuable metal, refers to the use of a special sapphire tip instead of a metal slit in the groove opening phase of hair transplantation. It is designed to open even smaller micro grooves in the area where the hair follicles will be planted, and to accelerate the healing process and incur minimal scab formation.
In FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) performed with the sapphire tip, hair follicles are taken from the donor area individually as roots by using micro-tips with diameters ranging from 0.6 – 0.7 – 0.8 mm under local anesthesia via micro-motor. The collected hair is subsequently planted in the grooves to be opened in the FUE method.
These grooves directly affect the angle, direction and frequency issues that significantly affect the appearance of the hair. For this reason, opening grooves is the most important stage in the success of an operation.
Micro grooves can now be opened best with the help of these special sapphire tips. Hair follicles are transplanted into these grooves. The small grooves opened with sharp, smooth and durable sapphire tips between 1.0 -1.3 – 1.5 mm are the size of the hair follicle, increasing the number of opened grooves.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplantation with the Sapphire Tip versus the Metal Slit:
- Due to its smooth surface with anti-bacterial properties, physical qualities such as hardness, sharpness and durability, there is much less vibration when using a sapphire tip during the grooving process. Thus, it is ensured that both the risk of trauma and tissue damage is at the lowest level.
- FUE with a sapphire tip can be used to transplant more densely than with the metal slit method, which makes it possible to be applied to patients with hair loss at more advanced stages.
- By helping the grafts to be planted more densely, it provides a more natural appearance in terms of hair volume.
- Compared to the metal slit, the sapphire tip provides the opportunity to make open grooves with less subcutaneous fluid. Since the level of edema seen after the application will be lower, it will be more comfortable for patients in every sense after the operation.
- Since the grooves opened for transplanting are small, tissue healing after the operation is faster than with the metal slit and most importantly, there is a smooth integration of the skin.
- Since the hair follicles are transplanted into grooves that are their size at the most natural angle, there is no possibility of the follicles being displaced.
- Quality and excellence in hair transplantation operations are brought to the “FUE technique performed with a Sapphire Tip”.
The “Sapphire Tip with FUE technique”, where successful results are obtained in Premium Esthetic, is applied as a standard to all our patients.